Simon focussed on what we learn about the Church in Ephesians . We saw that the Church is the
- apologetic for the power of the gospel
- new humanity/temple/household built on Christ in the Spirit
- outpost of the kingdom of Christ
- plan of God for creation and history
- product and agent of gospel progress
So, Christ sits victoriously enthroned above all powers (Eph 1:20-22), and through his church (which is dressed in his armour - no wonder since it's his body, 1:22-23) wages war on the very same powers and authorities (6:12). As the church stands against the schemes of the devil and pushes forward with the sword of the Spirit, Christ is bringing all things under himself in accordance with the Father's plan (1:10, 20-22).
I'll try and remember that the next time I feel disappointed with/ tired of or grumpy about [the] [C/]church.